1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Cinema Series?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Macko, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Macko

Macko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello -
    I am new to these forums and relatively novice when it comes to tv technology. I had a few questions that I hoped to get answered to assist me in my tv purchase.

First, I was hoping to buy a tv this summer. My budget is probably in the $700-$1100 range and I have been researching some televisions as of late. Due to the recent technology in televisions, the prices of crts have fallen. And because of that I was hoping to purchase a 34"-36" flat crt tv. I have come across toshiba's line of crts due to its low price compared to others. I am particularly fond of the cinema series crts that toshiba has put out, but have been unable to come across reviews for that such line.

1) Has anyone had experience with the Toshiba 35AFX54 Cinema Series tv and how does it rate?

2) Could you recommend some good quality 34-36" flat crts in my price range.

Thank you and I hope to visit (and maybe even post) on your forums in the future.

-Erik

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Hello and welcome. I'll get to the point, i know nothing about the "Cinema Series" tv you mention other than that they appear to be non-widescreen, well certainly the 35AFX54, so i'm confussed as to why you would want a 4:3 set especially as you seem to hail for the US of A where HD tv is widely available(not to sure if there are any sets in your price range) but surely you'd be wanting a 16:9(widescreen). And i can't really recommed any Tv's either as i don't think any of the highly rated sets from the UK will a)be available in the states or b) work!

3. Macko

Macko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, HD is widely available for a price. The only kind I could consider in my price range would be a HD ready tv which is still at least $200 above what I want to spend. I would rather buy a decent size tv and just get another in the future to project an HD picture. Besides, out of about 70 cable channels I have, only 7 or broadcasted in HDTV.

Thank you for your response. Do you by any chance know of a good U.S. forum?

4. brock_landers

brock_landers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.avsforum.com

www.avforums.com is THE best though..........