Toshiba BDX1200, regionfree DVD and multiregion BD

Viking61

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just want to inform you guys with a Toshiba BDX1200KB (British model) or BDX1200KE (European model) that it is possible to make the player regionfree for DVD and multiregion for Blu-Ray by installing the regionfree firmware for the BDX1200KY (Australian model).

Download link

I did it on my player, and it works great. :) It takes about 5 seconds to change BD region, no need for reboot. Just to press Setup, 8520, set region, Setup.

Attachments

• BDX1200-region.jpg
    BDX1200-region.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 10,540
  • Regionfree procedure.jpg
    Regionfree procedure.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 8,244
Last edited:
Well done Viking61 (and neuty and SirSTI).:thumbsup:
You made it possible for the rest of us to make our HD DVD players region free for dvd and not content with that,you are now sorting out our blu ray players for region free blu ray.:smashin:

Last edited:
Hi Viking61
I own a Toshiba bdx 1200 here in France. Where can I get the australian firmware to make it region free. I went to the toshiba austalian site, but could not find any firmware to download.
Thanks
TG

Hi Viking61
I own a Toshiba bdx 1200 here in France. Where can I get the australian firmware to make it region free. I went to the toshiba austalian site, but could not find any firmware to download.
Thanks
TG

If you get your account opened for sending PM, I will help you out. :)

If you are a new member and you wish to contact another member for legitimate reasons (for example to exchange information following an agreed deal in our classifieds), then please use the Group Memberships page in your Control Panel to request to be added to the Messaging Enabled group. A moderator will then check your details and decide whether to grant your request or not.

Last edited:
Hi folks!
I have tried the australian firmware on my french BDX1200 and.....
it works perfectly. I was able to change the DVD region and with one of mine USA DVD the result is OK. I could not try the Bluray change as i only own B region blurays. But, as soon as i come back from a 15 days holiday in California, I will test it and post the results on this forum.
Many thanks to you, Viking61 and to the moderator who let me get PM.
regards
TG

On these players is the power cable attached to the unit or can it be removed? Just thinking about picking up a european unit then flashing with Aus f/w.

On my European model (BDX1200KE) the power cable is attached to the unit.

Viking61 said:
On my European model (BDX1200KE) the power cable is attached to the unit.

Are you just using a travel plug on it?

Are you just using a travel plug on it?

I'm sure you can do that, but for me it's no problem as I live in Norway. :)

Probably better for you to buy the British model (BDX1200KB). The regionfree firmware works on that model too.

Last edited:
On these players is the power cable attached to the unit or can it be removed? Just thinking about picking up a european unit then flashing with Aus f/w.

On the British model BDX1200KB it is fixed to the unit too. Picked one up last week as it was free with a Toshiba TV 37RV753. I like the blu-ray player but the TV is showing signs of a 'hum' which has been discussed elsewhere on AVforums. I'm torn over it as the price was great and I hope I can minimise or eliminate the hum so I dont have to return both to the retailer. If I dont then I would be very interested in the multi-region upgrade :thumbsup:

Hi Viking61,
Can you please provide me a link to the Australian firmware?

Thanks, Neo

Hi Viking61,
Can you please provide me a link to the Australian firmware?

Thanks, Neo

Ask to get your account opened for PM, and contact me there.

If you are a new member and you wish to contact another member for legitimate reasons (for example to exchange information following an agreed deal in our classifieds), then please use the Group Memberships page in your Control Panel to request to be added to the Messaging Enabled group. A moderator will then check your details and decide whether to grant your request or not.

Hi Viking61 would it be possible to PM me with the BDX1200KY firmware, would love to try and make it region free for Blu's. A big 'Thumbs-Up' to you and others that are making it possible to expand our horizons with choice of Blu's. :smashin:

War

salut viking61 serait-il possible d'avoir le lien qui amene au firmware du bdx 1200 australien merci

salut viking61 serait-il possible d'avoir le lien qui amene au firmware du bdx 1200 australien merci

Sorry, I don't understand french. If you want the BDX1200 firmware, then you have to get your account opened for PM.

Sorry, I don't understand french. If you want the BDX1200 firmware, then you have to get your account opened for PM.

viking61 hello is it possible to have a link that leads to the firmware bdx 1200 Australia thank you

A quick Google translation for you.

neuty

Also bought the player quiet cheap. Thought the DVD Region free is included out of the box, so I can put away my DVD Player. Would like to test the Firmware. Then the Player would do perfect for me. Hope I get enabled for PM soon. Thanks in advance to the moderators and Viking.

Applied update kindly supplied by Viking61 and it works as described. I've sent thanks to you Viking61 for your help - much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Hello Viking61,

I'd like to try this BDX1200KY firmware too. Unfortunately I'm not yet permitted to use PM, perhaps you could send me the details via email ?

Thanks!

Stephan

Last edited:
Hi viking61,

could you send me the firmare via mail as well? I'm also not permitted to use PM. I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just finished. Works perfectly for DVDs. Can't try Bluray because i have none Code A Bluray here. Totally made my weekend, thanks a lot! :)

One question: Can I switch the Code for Bluray in the menu as often as I'd like to or will it stay after the fifth switch (like I know it from DVD Players)?

One question: Can I switch the Code for Bluray in the menu as often as I'd like to or will it stay after the fifth switch (like I know it from DVD Players)?

According to the Australian website it came from, you can change region as often as you want. No limit.

is valid for Bdx1200ku???

I really don't know. BDX1200KU is the American model. I suppose you will have the usual PAL/NTSC problem. If your TV or projector supports PAL, then it will probably work.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom