• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba bdx1200 - noise issues

robbe

Standard Member
so i picked up the toshiba bdx1200 earlier this week as it was a reasonable price and thought this would be a good place to start with regards to a blu player. to my annoyance whenever i play a movie you can clearly hear the disc spinning. initially i thought that i may have just been the disc however i have tried a few more movies and the spinning noise has persisted. maybe i am just being a stickler but i thought that the player itself would be silent. don't know whether it is my player or this is the norm. has anyone else had this issue?

mentm

My sony does it as well, seems to be a by product of cheaper players. Blurays spin faster than dvds which doesn't help.

robbe

Standard Member
darn i was hoping that wasnt the case. tried a standard dvd and the noise persists. might just see if i can take it back and splash a wee more cash a better model.

mentm

DVDs should be silent, the toshiba isn't one of the better models.

skk3

My sony does it as well, seems to be a by product of cheaper players. Blurays spin faster than dvds which doesn't help.

As does mine...

adamdavid

I've got the Toshiba BDX1250 and it is silent. It makes a grinding noise when a disc is first inserted, but it runs silently after that with both DVD and Blu-ray discs.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom