Toshiba backlight issues...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Gus, Sep 17, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Gus

Gus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. Just after some advice and words of wisdom! I have a Tosh 32C3030 bought from JL about 10 days ago. I've been away for a few days, and so haven't watched it that much, but over the last couple of days I've noticed that the backlight appears uneven, being brightest in three corners. Most of the time this isn't too much of an issue, except when watching something dark or playing on the Xbox etc. There are no pixel problems that I can see, but occasionally in the areas where the backlight seems most uneven, the screen looks 'faded' like the corners are darker than the rest (I don't know if I've explained this very well... it may be my eyes bering oversensitive as I know the backlight appears uneven!)

Anyhoo, I'm not sure whether to request a replacement set - in all honesty it probably isn't that bad, but I've got a feeling that it will continue to bug me as I KNOW IT'S THERE! although I'm not sure if that makes me think it's worse than it is! (The missus isn't bothered by it, but then that's women for you!). I'm also a little wary about exchanging it for a set which may have uneven backlight AND pixel problems.

Have many other people had problems with the backlight on this set, and would any of you risk requesting a replacement? Are JL likely to change it because of these problems?

Cheers in advance

Gus

2. MrLOL

MrLOL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    i've got the same thing on my samsung F86

just posted in the F86 owners thread about it

daft thing is, if you go on a computing forum. There LCD monitor forums and full of this sort of stuff too

backlight bleeding from the corners, clouding etc..

i think to a certain extent, its unavoidable due to the way LCDs are made. As ive seen it in so many LCDs now

i think its just certain sets that are really bad and have it all over the screen, not just the corners (Sony W2000 for example)