Bargain Expired Toshiba Android 43" Android TV £249.99

ganon

Established Member
Reaction score

First Android Toshiba TV with costcos 5 year warrenty! Would love to hear if this is worth buying, seems to offer a lot for the money.

Available from 11/05/20 and it's expected online price to drop to in-store price

Features
- 4K Ultra HD with HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision HDR
- Enhanced premium audio with Sound by Onkyo
- Freeview HD
- 5 Year Warranty Included

Awarded the 4K HDR Ultra HD logo, all of Toshiba’s 4K HDR TVs have been proven to deliver and faithfully display 4K HDR content in all its glory.

Android TV
Explore thousands of movies, shows, games and get answers to your questions on the big screen with Android TV and Google Voice Assistant. Plus, with Chromecast built-in, simply cast movie, shows and photos from all your family’s devices.

Dolby Vision HDR
Immerse yourself in the onscreen action with one of our Toshiba Dolby Vision compatible TVs. The preferred HDR video format of movie makers around the world, Dolby Vision uses dynamic metadata to read and calculate exactly the right brightness level for every TV frame.

Enhanced premium audio with Sound by Onkyo and down firing speakers
Working in collaboration with Onkyo, a global force in audio, Toshiba is bringing TV to life with enhanced sound quality. Featuring built-in Onkyo speakers and speaker boxes, the TVs ensure clearer audio for both on-screen dialogue and music. Tuned by Onkyo engineers, the speakers are designed to ensure life-like, precise sound that can be heard equally well from any seat in the room.

TRU Resolution
Automatically up-scales non 4K content so you can experience your favourite movies and TV shows in the highest resolution.

TRU Micro Dimming
Enhances the contrast of an image by optimising the darker and brighter regions to create a more realistic image.

Netflix in 4K
Discover the Netflix button on your remote control to jump from one adventure to another.

Freeview HD
With Freeview HD you can enjoy your favourite shows on up to 15 HD channels, including BBC One HD, BBC Two HD, ITV HD and Channel 4 HD, as well as more than 70 channels in standard definition – all for free.

For £249.99 I cant see it being a great tv...even it it has Dolby vision the peak brightness will be low...Dolby vision works with TVs that start at 200 nits.. so I cant see it being great...and the android software will be clunky and not on the latest version to get the best from it.. not being rude but you pretty much ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I’m trying to find a decent tv has to be 40” or less but this seems to tick most the boxes, anyone know how fluent to os is?

Toshiba who are now owned by Hisense still have a contract with Vestel to produce their TVs. Vestel TVs aren't quite as bad as they once were, but I'd expect bottom of the barrel quality from this TV.

Of course, no small TV is going to be terrific with picture quality anyway, but I'd personally prefer to buy from a brand that isn't a re-badge and still makes their own models such as the ones in my guide:

Gone for 1 for the bedroom, things are a bit tight at the mo, so a bargain for 250 with Android TV to, expect it won't update or something down the line lol! its a bit thick to but will see how it goes.

Got it, overall very decent for 250, not used android tv before but seems good not sure what version it is. Got all latest apps Disney+ to. Got it on wall but why o who is the power lead so short and fixed in back! got a 5yr warranty, so guess if i cut of plug and extend be void?
It might be easy to open back to replace with longer wire if not soldered on etc.
It not super think but looks good and sound is good to says external speakers in menu, as there is something by Onkyo lol.
Must be cheapest tv with Android tv, as all other from other brands this size are 500+!

Got it, overall very decent for 250, not used android tv before but seems good not sure what version it is. Got all latest apps Disney+ to. Got it on wall but why o who is the power lead so short and fixed in back! got a 5yr warranty, so guess if i cut of plug and extend be void?
It might be easy to open back to replace with longer wire if not soldered on etc.
It not super think but looks good and sound is good to says external speakers in menu, as there is something by Onkyo lol.
Must be cheapest tv with Android tv, as all other from other brands this size are 500+!

Does the voice button work for you as it's doesn't for me.

Also when you turn on the TV, does it start scanning channels?

Does the voice button work for you as it's doesn't for me.

Also when you turn on the TV, does it start scanning channels?

I have not tried it yet and not used google really for it before, same with android as i have apple phones etc. So that was all new to me but overall it seems to worked well.

I set up downstairs ignored channel scan as no aerial and just set up wifi, apps etc.
Once on wall upstairs scanned for channels and its all working, usually comes on like home page when turned on.
Not sure if its latest android tv version.

I have not tried it yet and not used google really for it before, same with android as i have apple phones etc. So that was all new to me but overall it seems to worked well.

I set up downstairs ignored channel scan as no aerial and just set up wifi, apps etc.
Once on wall upstairs scanned for channels and its all working, usually comes on like home page when turned on.
Not sure if its latest android tv version.

Even though I have no aerial plugged in, it keeps scanning for channels and I have to press home to edit into Android TV OS. Really annoying.

Yeah I wouldn't of needed aerial, but its for kids in bedroom so can watch early morning stuff on weekend! means another wire to hide in trunking. Must be a way to turn it off, as many not use aerial if have skye q to etc.

If this TV is freeview play, that will be why. You can't use it properly without channels being scanned.

You could perhaps ignore it and see if individual catch up apps are available, that is what I do with my Panasonic with Freeview play.

Might be silly question, but if it has a vga socket does that mean you can use it as a monitor ?

so they would be chroma 4.4.4 ? or just naff as a monitor
VGA is an older interconnect, its picture quality will be a lot worse than using a HDMI port on the TV.
Most TVs can be used as a monitor. If your computer doesn't have a HDMI output you can use a DVI>HDMI adapter.
4:4:4 8bit @4k 60hz signal is supported by all TVs that use HDMI v2 ports. If it uses HDMI v1.4 you will be limited chroma and refresh rate.
HDMI standards need to be supported at both ends, so to use this as a 4k monitor, both TV and PC need to support HDMI v2.
An important factor is the TV also has the ability to disable overscan when using a computer.

VGA is an older interconnect, its picture quality will be a lot worse than using a HDMI port on the TV.
Most TVs can be used as a monitor. If your computer doesn't have a HDMI output you can use a DVI>HDMI adapter.
4:4:4 8bit @4k 60hz signal is supported by all TVs that use HDMI v2 ports. If it uses HDMI v1.4 you will be limited chroma and refresh rate.
HDMI standards need to be supported at both ends, so to use this as a 4k monitor, both TV and PC need to support HDMI v2.
An important factor is the TV also has the ability to disable overscan when using a computer.

So this cheap tv could be used as a temporary monitor for a computer with an hdmi 2.0 cable? I'm guessing it would have to be one of those expensive cables

So this cheap tv could be used as a temporary monitor for a computer with an hdmi 2.0 cable? I'm guessing it would have to be one of those expensive cables
I don't really know anything about the TV. If it has HDMI v2 and your PC also has HDMI v2, yes.

Only HDMI 2.1 do you need a special cable. There's no such as thing as a HDMI 2 cable...so you can use a really cheap cable. Just make sure its sold as 'enhanced'.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom