1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba "All in one" Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by evochris, Dec 6, 2004.

1. evochris

evochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

This is my first post on here!! :hiya:

I have been looking at buying a 42" plasma for a while now and as I have just sold my RPTV it's time to buy!

I was obviously looking at the PW6/7 Pannasonics but I have been offered a deal from a friend who works for Toshiba UK. Their latest 42" plasma is the 42WP46. Looking at the spec this appears to be an "all in one" unit with tuner, speakers and loads of inputs/outputs etc.

I have the oppotunity of buying one for £705 brand new so obviously I would love to bite his hand off for that price but just wanted to know whether anyone had had any personal experience with this set yet?

Thanks in advance for any comments! :)

2. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi there,Please tell me where you can get it for £705 :eek: :eek: as i think i will get one for each room!! :D Very good deal-if true??

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Chris, bite off his hand before he changes his mind! For that money, you truly can't go wrong, let alone that this is not a bad screen at all.

4. brackenlamb

brackenlamb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    wow,at that price you would be silly not too

5. evochris

evochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Yes, the £705 inc vat and delivery is correct. Just shows it's who you know etc etc... I got my last RPTV (a Tosh 40WH08B) for about £650 brand new from the same source.

As you say, I think at that price i'd be stupid to consider anything else.

Would like some feedback from people who have seen these sets in action though. Anyone out there???

6. actionorton

actionorton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the Toshiba 42WP46P. I have to say the screen is growing on me.
    I have been told that it is a panasonic clone in some way or form. Each day the PQ grows on me.
    I had originally bought a samsung and sent it back becasue the PQ was very poor, i was then conned into buying this from the company who sold me the samsung due to them not giving me a refund and would only upgrade.
    I ended paying silly money for this so if your only paying around £700 then get one

7. evochris

evochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi actionnorton,

Thanks for the info. I have seen rumours that this screen is actually not a panny pw6/pw7 clone but possibly uses one of the cheaper makes of panel. Pitty you havent got a decent pw6 to compare it with. Got to decide now whether to go for this or the slightly older 42wp36 which deffo is a panny clone. Decisions, decisions!!!