Toshiba ADA1 and Denon 4306 Amp

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just treated myself to a HD-A1 from Movietyme

Now what will I need to get the best sound quality when I connect it to my Denon 4306 Amp ?

Lots of phono leads to connect via analogue.

DuncanWardle said:
Just treated myself to a HD-A1 from Movietyme

Now what will I need to get the best sound quality when I connect it to my Denon 4306 Amp ?

HDMI cable from the Tosh to the Denon if you want Hi-Res PCM in the digital domain. You can then apply bass management, PLIIx, EQ etc etc to it.

Jase said:
HDMI cable from the Tosh to the Denon if you want Hi-Res PCM in the digital domain. You can then apply bass management, PLIIx, EQ etc etc to it.

can you explain more ? I just want the best sound possible

have 4306 amp and kef 3000.5 speakers

Not much more to explain really, that will give you the best possible. You could use the analog outs of the Tosh but you can't do anything to that signal when it gets to the EXT In's of the Denon. The 4306 has no DSP processing on it's External Inputs.

Jase said:
Not much more to explain really, that will give you the best possible. You could use the analog outs of the Tosh but you can't do anything to that signal when it gets to the EXT In's of the Denon. The 4306 has no DSP processing on it's External Inputs.

Ah - with you now

So HDMI from HD player to AMP then HDMI from AMP to PJ ?

DuncanWardle said:
Ah - with you now

So HDMI from HD player to AMP then HDMI from AMP to PJ ?

Yep. You'll also have to make sure that in the HDMI Assign menu the Audio option is set to AMP.

Jase said:
Yep. You'll also have to make sure that in the HDMI Assign menu the Audio option is set to AMP.

Know this will probably sound stupid but does it not have a digital out like on most DVD players ? if it does what are the disadvantages of using this ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom