1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOSHIBA 9500e for £299

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Cool-hand, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi

Did anyone take up this offer at the HiFi show a couple of weeks back?
    I walked into the Toshiba demo room and noticed a small piece of A4 paper stuck to a table with a black 9500e dvd player on top.

The sheet read "Toshiba 9500e dvd players only £299, show price only" and included delivery but you couldn't take one away with you on the day.
    I went around behind some paneling with a Tosh rep and he ran my card through his laptop. It is the new type with Chip n Pin. He said his system may of been down and tried again with another card also Chip n Pin. Then asked me to call Tosh in the morning to confirm.

Now recently I was talking to a friend who got stung a similar way, so starting to feel a little paranoid i phone both cards/banks and cancelled them in case I was being hit!!

I never did phone Toshiba but they would not accept cash or a cheque on the day so just curious if the deal was for real?

Hope someone did well out of it!

CH