Toshiba 57wh36 size problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Rezzo, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Rezzo

Rezzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, good to find such a well populated AV forum!

I'm seriously considering buying a 57wh36 rptv, it's price vs screen size is excellent and it's had plenty of good comments on this forum.
    But I have a problem, my front door is 71cm in width and I'm not sure if the packaged TV will fit through! I've phoned the site I will probably buy it from, but unfortunately they don't know what size it is when packaged, they recommended I try the Toshiba site, but I can't see anything to help there either.

If any owners of this TV can shed some light on this problem I would be very grateful.

2. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 57" and i just measured the package it came in, the width is 72,5 cm so it will be impossible to get it thru your door.

The documentation says 74 cm but it's actually 72,5 cm.

3. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Toshiba had to unpack it outside my house and then the TV only just fitted through the door.
    I only had the set a couple of days though, as when i got it in, it looked so much bigger in my little room, that it was too big.
    I now have the 51" and evern that looks a bit big............getting used to it now thow.

4. Rezzo

Rezzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you both for the advice, that's saved me the hassle of ordering the wrong size TV!:thumbsup:

Think I will try the 51" then, that should fit no problem.

5. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why don't you just unpack the TV outside the door?

It will fit nicely thru the door then and i have to say that i am not regretting that i bought the 57" over 51", it's worth every penny the extra size.