1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 56wh08b

Discussion in 'TVs' started by HOLOGRAM, Jul 1, 2001.

1. HOLOGRAM

HOLOGRAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simple one really - Anyone have one of these TV's and if so what's your opinion in terms of image quality, reliability and im intending to use Component in - Anyone had any probs with setting this up ?

Cheers !

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you scroll through this section in the forum you will find loads of information and comments about this range of tv's. I have one and it is by far the best RP tv I have owned.

3. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    you select component in with a setting in the menu, its a cracking tv - buy it!

4. 2shy

2shy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this tv - but unlike the above tv, i do not have to activate component through a setting, its a dedicated input.

Unlike my old sony rpj 41inch, the convergence does not drift and is excellent.

Viewing distance is great, I sit only 9 foot away and it looks stunning.

Its a great set, the best rpj on the market.

BUT, make sure you are happy with it, the first one that came was slightly out of focus in the left hand corner, I told tosh and they sent me a new one (well actualy I blew it up first but thats a long story and another thread :) :rolleyes:

5. 2shy

2shy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If i were i would return it. My 56 inch model is so smooth its unbelievable. I have had the sony before, so I should know. I mean its 100hz, but without any artifacts whatsoever, no image laging or trails whatsoever. And grain?? On a DVD like the insider?? On my 56 inch there is no grain whatsoever!! Infact, as I only watch sky rgb and dvd component I have not seen grain in a very long time.

You must have a faulty set. I know the others like delta will back me up here.

6. Jingy

Jingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll try playing around with it a bit more but if no go then I'm gonna hassle the shop and Tosh. Anyone know what rights as a consumer I have to return a TV ?

2Shy - I suppose if you had both you may be a good judge but I have seen it many times in the shops, its just that its no better at home. The trailing is the mosy annoying thing, and I tinkered with 100Hz and natural but this did not help.

Steve - The viewing angle is okay, no problems there.

db - If your torn go for the Sony.

I will keep you guys posted.

7. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go to your menu and switch 100Hz ON and Noise Reduction OFF

8. Jingy

Jingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Just a comment
    I just bought a 46Wh08 TV and I don't think the picture is that great compared with the sony 41DS1. Don't know the technical term for it but images tend to be followed through and not neccessarily when there is a fast moving object either..why is this. My friend has a 41inch Sony and the picture is a lot less grainy and smooth. I am serioulsy considering returning the Tosh. I don't know what all the fuss is about. The Sony has an amazing pictue, i think people read too much into the spec of a TV and judge it buy that.