Toshiba 55UA3063DB ARC not working

joselrl

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

So, I got a Toshiba 55UA2063DB and a LG SP2, I can't get ARC to work, and AFAIK this is a TV problem, as the sound is always playing from the TV speakers, no matter if "TV speakers" or "External audio system" is selected. CEC is ON, and working (using the TV RC controls the soundbar volume), I've connected the soundbar to the HDMI 2 port (and tried every other just to be sure), power cycled both devices, etc etc.
Also tried another HDMI cable just to be sure
There is no software update available (dated August 17th 2021) and there is nothing on toshiba website or user manual that would help in this...

Anyone has any idea, or am I doomed, as I don't expect Toshiba (Vestel) to do anything on a 2020 TV....

Thanks

If using ARC you can only connect to the HDMI port labelled as ARC and you shouldn’t be selecting TV Speakers.

If using ARC you can only connect to the HDMI port labelled as ARC and you shouldn’t be selecting TV Speakers.
I probably wasn't clear. I've connected the HDMI ARC port on the soundbar to the ARC port on the TV (HDMI 2), it still was using the TV speakers
I went into the settings, and the output device was selected as "external audio system"
I changed it to "TV speakers", sound continued. Changed it to "external audio system" again, and it kept playing sound through the TV speakers. Rebooted both devices, changed cables, etc and the issue remains

Have you checked the Soundbar settings to see if ARC needs to be enabled?

Have you checked the Soundbar settings to see if ARC needs to be enabled?
Yes, I have to select the input to arc, and it is. Both on the LED indicator and the LG app say it is in ARC mode

The fact that the TV does not react to changing the audio output setting makes me think it's some bug on their software. I will try to contact their support tomorrow and see if I have any luck

I've had Philips tech support send me preliminary software updates for things like this, let's see if Toshiba tech support is anything like it. Worst case, since it's just a 2.1 soundbar, I will just use an optical cable. I wanted to use ARC because the soundbar didn't come with an optical cable and had HDMI cables lying around, but oh well

EDIT: so little update, I got it working... for a few seconds...

So, I setup everything, correctly, TV speakers are outputing sound, unplug HDMI and plug it back in... and it worked. For 3 seconds, then the sound cuts and no soundbar or tv speakers keep working... Now I'm not sure if it isn't the soundbar's fault...

Last edited:
Hi,

I also have the same issue with toshiba 55UA2B63DG, sound only comes with 5 seconds from sound bar and I have tested 3 diff soundbar all has same issues. looks like something is wrong with the TV itself.
pls let me know if this was resolved by any means

Hi,

I also have the same issue with toshiba 55UA2B63DG, sound only comes with 5 seconds from sound bar and I have tested 3 diff soundbar all has same issues. looks like something is wrong with the TV itself.
pls let me know if this was resolved by any means
Nope, they swapped my TV as DOA with same issue.

Also tried another LG sound bar and I'm currently with an Hisense H218.
I gave up and connected it through optical. The TV was free with my ISP bundle, and the other options were smaller and/or worse, so I'll leave it as is for now.

Nope, they swapped my TV as DOA with same issue.

Also tried another LG sound bar and I'm currently with an Hisense H218.
I gave up and connected it through optical. The TV was free with my ISP bundle, and the other options were smaller and/or worse, so I'll leave it as is for now.
HI,
I also have same problem from DOA, Its not soundbar because i contacted Harman Kardon and they troubleshoot it and it no issues find on other samsung television. Something is wrong with Toshiba Tv's then I also have repair scheuled on 4th May let see what repair guy is going to inform.
Did your HDMI arc connection worked after swapping TV and u got sound from sound bar?

HI,
I also have same problem from DOA, Its not soundbar because i contacted Harman Kardon and they troubleshoot it and it no issues find on other samsung television. Something is wrong with Toshiba Tv's then I also have repair scheuled on 4th May let see what repair guy is going to inform.
Did your HDMI arc connection worked after swapping TV and u got sound from sound bar?

No, never worked with the 2 TVs I had. Using digital TOSLINK

Sadly another case of 'pay peanuts get monkeys', I remember when Toshiba was a good make back in the day but those days are long gone.

Sadly another case of 'pay peanuts get monkeys', I remember when Toshiba was a good make back in the day but those days are long gone.
Yes looks like Quality build of HDMi port is not good quality standards in Toshiba TV's

Yes looks like Quality build of HDMi port is not good quality standards in Toshiba TV's
It's sort of sad really, yes it's a very cheap television but if you buy something you at least expect it to do the basics.

I know this might be an obvious question but have you enabled HDMI-CEC on the Toshiba TV?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom