• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Toshiba 55T76863DB No picture,has sound..16 months old ..just out of warranty!

TaweJACK01

Novice Member
Toshiba quoted £192.00 just 4 the engineer to cart off in his van without the parts ? REALLY?FOUR MONTHS AGO WARRANTY EXPIRED,IT WOULD END UP COSTING AS MUCH AS I PAID FOR IT. IT’S BEEN AN AWESOME TV. BUT LIKE EVERYTHING THESE DAYS,SEEMS TO HAVE 12 MONTH LIFESPAN THEN IT DIES.think this guy had been eating the wrong fruit salads.💊💊💊

Colin Glover

Established Member
You are covered by the sale of goods act SOGA. Any major electronic item should have a period whereby it shouldn't fail. White goods is 6 yes (washer, dishwasher, fridge freezer not white kettle 😉). Google sofa period for TV's. Then contact the seller ( I'm guessing Argos or Curry's/PCW), and say you want to make a Soga claim. Our dishwasher was 14 mths old and wouldn't empty. Curry's PC world came and fixed it, 1 minute to removeshard of glass from pump). They then Paid us £100 to agree to give up our rights to claim again for it under Soga. You çan return the voucher ànd keep claiming on Soga if you prefer.

Headbangerdaz

Established Member
I contacted Argos about my TV that had developed a major fault outside of the warranty and they said my only recourse was to get an independent report from an engineer if I was going down the consumer rights act path.
I didn't take it any further

Colin Glover

Established Member
That's b******s! Tell them you're going to trading standards. I believe with Argos, store managers have the right to decide. I think trading standards now need a referral from Citizens Advice. Do it, don't be fobbed off.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom