Toshiba 530e

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by acucobol, Dec 28, 2003.

1. acucobol

acucobol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody got one of these for Christmas?

Richer Sounds are sellin them for £180.

Thinking about getting one for my 42wh36p Toshiba RP.

Does anybody else have this combination and can they report on picture improvements due to prog scan?

Thanks

2. wadaw

wadaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently purchased one and hooked up over component to my 51WH36.

I think its a matter of personal preference on the progressive scan side of things. It does a very nice job of removing the interlace lines and the picture is sharp, relatively noise free and stable. The prog scan picture is undoubtably pleasant to look at, and compared to the Cambridge Audio 55 I tested before, vastly superior. However, I think it looks better in interlaced.

3. acucobol

acucobol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went to Richer Sounds and bought premium component cable £80 and picked the 530 up for £152 as it was an open box.

I played a few parts of movies using ordinary component and then replayed them using prog scan, the difference is noticable and I prefer the prog scan picture because it is smooth and the scan lines are gone.

When I initially used prog scan, I thought it was making my eyes hurt, but eventually came to realise the prog scan picture is 'too bright'. I have my contrast and brightness set at 50 for tv and dvd viewing but when prog scan is turned on I had to reduce the brightness down to 45 to stop it hurting my eyes. I think this is because the picture is not interlaced.

Anybody else had to reduce their brightness or am I a freak?:)