1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 52WM48P or the new Sagem HDD45EU DLP?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by stevenC, Mar 9, 2005.

1. stevenC

stevenC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be grateful for some good advise from those who have the technical knowledge between the difference of these two models.

I moved away from the Optima RD50 due to non NTSC format and considered the Toshiba 52WM48P. I then saw this evening the new Sagem HDD45EU that looks good and is not as broad. It does not have HDMI but does have DVI capability, however, in some of the technical details I have seen, this Sagem model also looks like it cannot accomodate NTSC and Comet are unable to confirm if it can or cannot.

Your comments very much appreciated on the NTSC issue and secondly, reliability of the Sagem as a manufacturer?

Thanks

2. jackuzi

jackuzi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay you asked for an opinion so I'll give you mine ;)

I was awaiting the 45 and when I saw it in the flesh it looks fab, clearly the best looking dlp out there at the moment. That is until you sit down to watch it and the frosty screen grabs your attention and then it just puts you off. Well it did me anyway, but a lot of people on here seem not to see it, lucky b's I say!!

Then there's the Tosh, well if you've got the room then lucky b I say again :) . Wish tosh had made this set with detachable speakers so I could fit it in my lounge :(

I believe the Sagem plays NTSC material without any problems but it may be best coming from one of the guys that have one.

I wouldn't worry about the HDMI/DVI input as all you'd need is an adapter for about a tenner to change it to the other.

Sorry if my comments are not totally addressing your questions but a) needed to get it off my chest and b) bumps you to the top again :cool:

Cheers

3. Bruce1310

Bruce1310
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Steven

I have had absolutly no probs with NTSC on my H45. NTSC playback has also been confirmed by the Sagem Techs.

As far as the 'frosty' issue is concerned...it is down to the anti-reflective screen they use. I do notice it at times in brighter scenes but it is not something that worries me and it's nice not to have lights and windows, etc reflected in the screen.

You really do need to go and look at the set and if you notice it and it bugs you then that makes your decision that much easier. Hope this helps a bit.

B.K