toshiba 52HM84

thekingbeyond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this model available in the uk toshiba 52HM84, if so who is advertising it and at what price :thumbsup:

Google the model number Toshiba 52WM48P and you will see the Italian Toshiba site are now listing these with the full details. The UK site has yet to list it. This is the exact same TV as the 46"er but with a 52" screen. The model number is the one being used across Europe.

Soon as my dead 50" Sony LCD RP goes back I'm gonna drop a wedge on this TV. Boo Yeah, HD and an extra 2" over the Sony. I knida glad it konked out!

Demon

Do you know if the side speakers detatch?

For your info, here are the dimensions of Tosh 52 :

Height = 89 mm
Width = 149 mm
Depth = 39 mm

Weight = 39 kgs.

Hope this helps.

Can any one tell me if you have bad experiences with the KF50 Sony LCD rp.

Thanks.

digitize - look around for thread posted by me with the subject "Toshiba 52WM48P in the UK!!!" and your questions will be answered about the Tosh and the Sony!

For a quick answer to Sony 50" LCD RP - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dont do it, I've got one and they all have big problemo's!

g_unit said:
digitize - look around for thread posted by me with the subject "Toshiba 52WM48P in the UK!!!" and your questions will be answered about the Tosh and the Sony!

For a quick answer to Sony 50" LCD RP - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dont do it, I've got one and they all have big problemo's!
I got you, g_unit... However, apart from you, it looks like there has not been a lot complaining about it... On the other hand, quite a few has been praising its high PQ... Any other links?? Other proofs?

I had plenty of links to other forums with people having problems when I was arguing my case for a return - don't have them to hand now but do a google on "Sony 50 LCD RP Problems" etc and you will see this is a KNOWN problem with the light engine boards. Sony have since changed the US models with updated boards and bulbs. Until all the crap stock here in the UK is gone I doubt we will see the updated TV's. This is luck of the draw also, some will last a week, some a year. All I guarantee is that it will go wrong sooner than its supposed to! Its bit cliche that if you get a 'gooden' that last over a year, you'll be out of warranty when it does give up (which it will).

It not only me by the way, two other relatives both have the 42" versions with the same problems - one has died, the other is exhibiting all the symptoms of a set on its way out. All three tv's were purchased from different retailers over a span of four months.

so you mean Tosh changed model # in Europe?
just bought 62HM84, PQ is stunning!!! :smashin:
but 2 issues: :(
1 is gray bars on 4:3/POP, :confused: 2 is ghosting! :mad:
you can take a look PQ.
Tosh 62HM84

g_unit said:
Google the model number Toshiba 52WM48P and you will see the Italian Toshiba site are now listing these with the full details. The UK site has yet to list it. This is the exact same TV as the 46"er but with a 52" screen. The model number is the one being used across Europe.

Whats the average lamp life on these toshibas and how much is a lamp replacement.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom