1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 51wh36p

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Azza17s, May 30, 2004.

1. Azza17s

Azza17s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok just orderd my new toshiba 51" Rear projector screen but am i in for a lifetime of hell with it lol ive herd of bulbs blowing after like 4000 hours n stuff i just need some advice as to how good the TV is.. be a great help thank u muchly all! :) :clap: :)

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    No...you should be able to expect significantly more from it than that....my Tosh was bought last year and must be well up to that sort of figure given the caning my wife and kids give it.

A few useful points...when it arrives,spend a good bit of time getting the convergence and picture settings right...it will arrive with the brightness,contrast and sharpness all set very high(no doubt to look ok in high brightness settings like showrooms)and obviously when you back these off a bit,not only does the picture look better in the average room,but tube life will be extended.
    Next,and I'm sure you already know this,like all CRT and plasma technology,screen burn can be an issue if you leave logos and games set on pause...again,reducing the brightness etc will reduce this risk.
    When setting the convergence,ensure the set has been running for at least 30 mins.

Also,just so you know,it's CRT based,and doesnt have bulbs as such,but 3 separate electron guns....expensive,but the lifetime should be ok.