• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba 51WH36P picture trouble

R

redstar123red

Can anyone help me? I have had this t.v. for about 4 years now about 6 months ago we began having trouble with the picture.. The best way i can explain it when you first turn on the tv you get a lot of horizontal lines which gradually clear up, then the picture becomes out of focus. It is though your watching it in double vision as i am sitting here now watching the England game, as your looking at it there is 2 half way lines. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. :thumbsup::lease:

pugheaven

Established Member
Can anyone help me? I have had this t.v. for about 4 years now about 6 months ago we began having trouble with the picture.. The best way i can explain it when you first turn on the tv you get a lot of horizontal lines which gradually clear up, then the picture becomes out of focus. It is though your watching it in double vision as i am sitting here now watching the England game, as your looking at it there is 2 half way lines. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. :thumbsup::lease:

:lesson::lesson::lesson: Jesus, I don't believe this, I've got the 42" version of exactly the same TV and was going to post today as I'm having EXACTLY the same problem... I thought it was my SKY box... but then I noticed it on my DVD player as well... it's like all the lines are out of sync, which slowly disappears over 5 minutes maybe sooner, but the picture is never 100% after this... it's clear, but NOT quite what it was... I've had this problem for about a week and bought my TV when the Euro Champs were on so that's what? 2005? So it's 3 and a bit years old...

Any help... would REALLLYY be appreciated as well. :lease::lease::lease:

Pug

R

redstar123red

:lease::lease::lease::lease::lease::lease::lease:

pugheaven

Established Member
:lease:

pugheaven

Established Member
Don't know about you mate, but mines getting worse now... when I turn on the TV, it's taking around 3-4 minutes to get a picture that is even watchable :confused: Wonder what the hell this is as it's never going right now... even an hour later... noticed little ziggy zaggies on the roof of a DVD I was watching and on a mountain range... so looks like it's on the way out :oops::boring:

A

a17esh

right i dont know anything about this at all, but I had a 43" tosh that started to do that, i got told a part needed fixing at a cost of about £130, ill try my best to find some more info out! - that actually what i was looking for now....PS the one i offered to sell is not the one that is out of focus!

R

redstar123red

Don't know about you mate, but mines getting worse now... when I turn on the TV, it's taking around 3-4 minutes to get a picture that is even watchable :confused: Wonder what the hell this is as it's never going right now... even an hour later... noticed little ziggy zaggies on the roof of a DVD I was watching and on a mountain range... so looks like it's on the way out :oops::boring:

Hi,this problem gets progressively worse my TV takes about 30mins to warm up now,I did speak to a TV engineer and he seemed to think it was a scan converter,he told me it would cost £120 to fix which i accepted, however after numerous phone to him he still hasn't been to fix it!!!

pugheaven

Established Member
Hi,this problem gets progressively worse my TV takes about 30mins to warm up now,I did speak to a TV engineer and he seemed to think it was a scan converter,he told me it would cost £120 to fix which i accepted, however after numerous phone to him he still hasn't been to fix it!!!

£120 quid, christ sake... that's alot to spend on an old TV... mines now taking about 10 minutes to clear up... jesus, is this time for a new TV?

Pug

A

a17esh

I still have no luck in finding out what the issue is..............im still on the hunt tho! But £120 I wouldnt say is a bad price.................ask yourself if someone knocked on your door and offered you the same model TV for £120 would you buy it or not...............sounds stupid but it does have some sense to it. If not, buy a new TV, if you would get the bad boy fixed.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom