Toshiba 50wt29b

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by abboph, Aug 13, 2002.

1. abboph

abboph
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying the TOSHIBA 50WT29B. It's quite new so no reviews out yet. Anyone got any opinions on this RP?

Also, anyone seen it cheaper than £1739.68 anywhere?

Cheers
    Phil

2. petergeorge72

petergeorge72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I saw this baby today in my local Comet and was surprised at how good the picture looked! I actually vowed never to entertain a rear pro after a bad experience with a Toshiba RPTV 2 years ago, but I have to say I'm very impressed.
    I've had my mind set on the smaller 36ZT29 up until now, but after seeing poor demo's of that particular TV I'm beginning to warm to the idea of a huge screen once again.
    Just out of interest Phil, where have you seen it for £1739.68? Comet are selling it for an astronomical £2599.00!!!

3. DM1972

DM1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the 42WT29B and can say in all honesty thtas its one fine bit of kit. Its worth spending the time setting it up properly when its had at least 100 hours use.
    The built in DD isn't bad, but not a good as seperates and the built in DVB is good but having Sky+ its not used.
    I nearly bought the 50" version, but decided that it was gonna be too big for my front room.