1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 50WT29B

Discussion in 'TVs' started by thekingbeyond, Jun 29, 2004.

1. thekingbeyond

thekingbeyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +295
    Been having problems with this set since february with the following faults

Picture went extremly bright had to have brightness turned to zero to watch, this stayed like this for 5 weeks then went back to normal by itself, an engineer viewed this fault.

When you switch the set off then on again the picture moves to the right,this happens about 4 times before returning to the centre,it moves about 2 inches to the right in total,Toshiba have told me this is to prevent screen burn. why doesnt this take place while the picture is on as i didnt know screen burn happened when set was off.Not very good for interactive services as you have to adjust horizontal position all the time

I get a dark line about 1/3 from the right some people on the forums call this a dark cast, the picture on the left is slightly brighter than that to the right of the line.

On top of this ive had to take 4 days of from work for engineers visits, nothing has been rectified, set was bought from hispek last november.I ve allways had sony rp tv`s in the past i woulnt buy toshiba again.

Any one had similar problems? How do i stand legaly? :lease: