1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 50WT29B Replacement Screen

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mickyiz29, Mar 25, 2004.

1. mickyiz29

mickyiz29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There I have a toshiba 50wt29b Which I must say have been extremely impressed with since day one, the picture is awsome to say the least and have had no problems at all with geometry or convergence on this set at all , here comes the problem. I also have an 18 month old son who while i was at work hit the screen with his toy guitar:eek: Kids, don't you just love e'm;) I now have a large split in middle of the screen about 12 inches long, obviously i need it fixed, what i need to know is can it be fixed? and how easily? I am covered on the home contents accidental damge and my excess is only 25 quid . Any views or ideas appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Mick.

2. mickyiz29

mickyiz29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^
    bump.

Anyone ?:confused: :rolleyes:

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Oh dear.

Well, it could have been worse (YOU might have done it!).

Anyway, in case it's of any help, my Phillips 46" RP had to have a new screen in 1996 because the original warped, causing an out-of-focus picture.

It cost £400 at the time (fortunately under the guarantee).

Best of luck.

(Don't forget to take a photo of the damaged screen before it's removed. You can show your son when he's older!)