1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 50WT29B Premature Death

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by telboy1958, Sep 28, 2004.

1. telboy1958

telboy1958

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a 50WT29B for about 18 months (so conveniently out of warranty) and apart from some inconsistency in the screen background colours (which I've seen mentioned in other posts), I've been happy with it's performance. Now however, it seems to have died. The power light comes on but that's about it. Specifically, the set fails now to generate a picture in any mode (analogue, digital or DVD/video playback). Access to normal screen menus is also severely restricted. The basic set-up menu is available but certain items such as ‘convergence’ are now absent. The DTV menu is unavailable. We have eliminated obvious sources of error such as power supply, channel lock etc.

I'm wondering if anyone has run into similar premature failures like this and what their experiences have been with regard to getting the problem repaired?

Thanks for any feedback...

Terry

2. foz200315

foz200315
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! My name is Chris, I have just bought a new tv and was looking for reveiws as a precurser to any problems I may have when I stumbled on your message. I bought a new tv due to the fact that my Tosh 50WT29B did exactly the same last sunday, It would come back on every now and then but would go off, if for example I tried to switch to the DVD channel - which is what happened on New Years Eve, all ready with popcorn and film when off it went. I was mighty ****** off with it so I smashed it up quite a bit, it is now dead - hence a new tv. Please let me know how you get on with yours as I may claim on insurence and sell it. E-mail me though as I found this site by accident and although signed up will probably never use it again. foz200315@hotmail.com cheers mate good luck!!!!

3. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  4. kurjam

kurjam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this webpage as moved where can i find it ?