1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba 50wt29b (HELP!)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mickyiz29, Oct 7, 2003.

1. mickyiz29

mickyiz29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi people just a bit of advice please.
    I was doing the service level convergence on my set and when i went into it i pressed 5 instead of 7 ooops! the picture went really funny when i reset the tv it was fine. What is this??

2. mickyiz29

mickyiz29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone??

3. mickyiz29

mickyiz29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know the default settings for the Tosh 50wt29B ?
    Thanks in advance.

4. Realdeal.UK

Realdeal.UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 42" version, i believe there is no default settingd. Just make sure you note down all the origional settings before you try to change. I didn't and suffered. Fortunately I had a major bleed problem and got the set replaced. Running a treat now.

5. mickyiz29

mickyiz29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah as i was going into the convergence menu when the remote got knocked i don't know what got changed the picture now looks grainy like the contrast is high or something? any ideas?

6. mickyiz29

mickyiz29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    think i've sorted it seemed to be the brightness does anyone know what code adjusts the contrast in the service menu?

7. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. mickyiz29

mickyiz29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that nathan as i say it seems pretty much back to how it was now. nut sure if i knocked the brightness down in manual picture mode then turned it up on picture mode 1 messing the the default settings have adjusted it back and it does seem okay have not been in designer mode so i could'nt have changed any of those parameters, could I ?? think i'll stop tweaking for a while now have written down all my defaults now anyway in case i am tempted.

just looking at it now and if anything the pic seems better;)

strange?!