1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 50WT29 Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by john_1958, Jul 26, 2005.

1. john_1958

john_1958

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 50WT29 has a problem whereby it has an intermittent fault. This fault, when happening, manifests as no picture or sound but you can access the menu, after a delayed period, and that appears as 3 badly mis-converged and curved menus.

If the set is turned off and on again it sometimes recovers and shows a picture and sound just fine. Then, sometimes, when a channel is changed or the AV source is changed, it just stays on the previous source.

Now I am told that this is software/data fault whereby the processor is not reading the data table due to a faulty "something". And its this "something" that I need to indentify.

Can anyone help please ?

Someone has said that it might be the EPG module but I dont know where this is situated. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance.

2. rockminster

rockminster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you ever manage to get this issue resolved, I am suffering from the same problem with my 50wt29 at the moment.