1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 50WT29 Problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by john_1958, Jul 26, 2005.

1. john_1958

john_1958

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 50WT29 has a problem whereby it has an intermittent fault. This fault, when happening, manifests as no picture or sound but you can access the menu, after a delayed period, and that appears as 3 badly mis-converged and curved menus.

If the set is turned off and on again it sometimes recovers and shows a picture and sound just fine. Then, sometimes, when a channel is changed or the AV source is changed, it just stays on the previous source.

Now I am told that this is software/data fault whereby the processor is not reading the data table due to a faulty "something". And its this "something" that I need to indentify.

Can anyone help please ?

Someone has said that it might be the EPG module but I dont know where this is situated. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance.

2. rockminster

rockminster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you ever manage to get this issue resolved, I am suffering from the same problem with my 50wt29 at the moment.