1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 500E

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PaulBoy, Apr 7, 2001.

1. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    A month or so ago there were numerous threads abouth this Tosh which is a reasonably priced DVD-A capable player
    A number of people, including me, we waiting to see what sort of price Techtronics were going to do it for and they have just updated this info on their site ...
    The modded player, which is fully RCE able, will sell for just under £500 inc vat
    Now if someone can come up with a ruse to explain to 'er indoors why i need to change my DVD player again i will be a happy man !!!

2. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Paul,

IMHO, wait at least till the end of the year before you upgrade your player. I currently have a Pioneer 626 and i have seen other Toshiba players and they beat the crap out of my player for performance. However, there is not much point in me spending £500 on a new player, as there are going to be so many more players out soon.

Now the only player i would buy now would be the Toshiba 900E, but its way too expensive for me. My friend has one and i love it, the picture is simply stunning.

Wait a while and i am sure there will be some fantastic players out and they will have good features too, worthwile for an upgrade.

3. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Gareth ... I know what you are saying but have you considered this ? Techtronics & others I have asked have explained that ALL upcoming DVD-A machines will probably be top of the range players as if they are to decode DVD-A they might as well include DD & DTS decoders ... This annoyed me as I have a good quality Denon amp which does all this already ... spookily enough I too have a Pioneer 626D but I have a number of people keen to join us in the Home Cinema world that I dont envisage a problem selling it to one of them for £200+ ... As I said in my first post convincing the other adult in my house that I need to upgrade is a different matter !!!