Toshiba 47z3030db settings trials

M

meandmyprince

Hiya

This is my first time on the forums - recently purchased a Toshiba 47z3030db and trying to make sure we are getting the best from it.

Have received some service mode settings but want to be sure that they are for this model so am afraid to try.

Have checked on other websites but am put off by the repeated warnings about breaking the tv forever if adjustments are not correct.

can anyone help me with this?

Also made some adjustments to other settings on the tv and would like to get other opinions on this

thanks

1st things 1st ... get yourself a copy of Digital Video Essentials since without this you will never get things 'right'.

2nd - don't get too obsessed with the complex (i.e. embedded service menus) - the "Z" series has more than enough options to correct most 'issues' without accessing this level, if you can't get it right with the DVE and the available menus options then you need a professional calibrator.

The Tosh IMHO has the best colour adjustment menu available.

To be fair DVE will only set up the DVD channel so you need to be sure the DVD isn't doing anything unexpected as mine was adding brightness to the image that I was forced to remove in the DVD players menu.

Since getting my 42Z / HD-E35 combo I have learned that not all broadcast - or even HD DVD material for that matter are equals - some HD material sucks !!.

You really need to have good source material, preferrably designed for calibration purposes - hence the DVE suggestion - you can't set up a set using broadcast images.

These are my settings after DVE ....

[Picture Menu]
Backlight : 25
Contrast : 86
Brightness : 49
Colour : 45
Tint : 0
Sharpness : 0
Black Stretch : Low
MPEG NR : Middle
DNR : Auto
Colour Temp : Warm

Active Backlight : On
Cinema Mode : On
xvYCC : Auto

3D Colour Management : ON
Base Colour Adjust :
Red Saturation : +2
Green Saturation : +1
(All others - Hue etc = 0)

Be aware though - these settings will likely need to be different on your set but make a note of your current ones and try these out by all means.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom