Toshiba 46WM48 rear projection TV missing colour

B

bradleymoore

I've got a Toshiba 46WM48 rear projection tv. Whilst watching it the sound started to to fluctuate from normal to mute in a regular 0.5 second on, 0.5 second off, I thought it was the source but I switched between analog, digi box and dvd and it was the same with all of them.

So, I switched it off, left it for 10 mins then turned it back on, The sound is restored but now I seem to have lost a colour, I think Red. The picture is awful, totally unwatachable. I've had a CRT TV that lost a colour, also red I think and it was terminal and had to get a new TV.:mad:

The TV is no longer under waranty so it would mean me getting it repaired.. has anyone got any idea what the problem could be... colour wheel perhaps? I don't fancy shelling out for an expensive repair and I am quite handy so would happily fit a new part if it were possible...
Has anyone had a similiar problem and know how to fix it or has had to repair one of these and can advise of the difficulty of repairing...

Any help appreciated... currently watching a 15" portable.. what a difference :(

Bradley,

Mine did the exact same thing yesterday, turning it on/off resolved the problem. Also have a problem with the brightness flickering (could be the bulb????), just gone outside the 12mths period !

Turns out it was the scaler module that was faulty, whatever that is. I got 2 quotes to repair it- one for just over £600 and another for just over £1000. :eek: Needless to say I'll not be taking either of them up on their quotes!

So.. anyone want to buy a Toshiba DLP RP for spares or repair?? The Bulb is still good. :)

Hi

I was lucky enough to win this TV in a Sky competition way back in Feb 2005.

Its been a great TV ... but the picture is now green and purple, the same as Bradley has described.

I've yet to speak with Toshiba, but I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem and

[a] is it the scaler that Bradley has suggested and
will it really cost about £600 to repair

Thanks

Hi

I got my tv repaired :)

Just for reference, the engineer said data had got corrupted on the DLP daisy wheel

It cost me £140 to have the DLP daisy wheel data readjusted

Same thing happened to me mate

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356691

Mine was about 15 months old (so was out of warranty) i rang Toshiba up explained how basically in my eyes a major component should not go in such a short amount of time and was very unhappy being that i have been a loyal fan of Toshiba for many many years etc etc

Anyway the long shot is basically what i wrote in the above thread toshiba payed for all parts but not for labour which came to about £200 which is better that the £700 i was quoted all in

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom