1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 46wm48 pc input

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Reds850, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Reds850

Reds850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Could anyone who has a tosh 46wm48 linked to a pc tell me what type and number of leads are required to connect the two, as i'm not sure if its one for pictures/data and a seperate one for sound. Also what leads would you recommend for connecting the following;-

Toshiba 46wm48
    Samsung HD-DVD945
    Denon AVR 1905s
    Sony SS-SFCR500H (speakers)

This is the set-up Iv'e budget for, any tips/advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank's Reds850.
    :lease:

2. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    If you want to use the digital connections you won't get the sound directly into the TV.

Digital
    DVI to HDMI lead

Analogue
    15 pin d-sub VGA (or DVI to VGA adapter, depending on GF card) to VGA.
    Sound depending on your line output connection, typically 3.5 mono jack to 3.5 mono jack.

In my instance I use a decent DVI to HDMI adapter and a good 1m HDMI to HDMI lead. Sound is via PC digital Toslink to 7.1 amp.

3. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    You will need a vga lead male to male to link your pc to the tosh. You will need a separate lead for your sound to go to your amp or tv from the pc. Also i think that samsung is a hdmi player. If so i would recommend you go the hdmi route which will also free up your component for something else. Try to go for a half decent speaker wire as using the provided one can leave you with mixed results. And by the way its a top tv you wont be dissapointed with it. I have had mine since feb and alough i had some teething problems i couldnt be happier with the tv now.

4. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Why the DVD player if you want to connect a PC? A HTPC should give much better results that a DVD player.

5. Reds850

Reds850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank's mrmoo & supermackem for the advice, i'm in the process of laying the floor and plastering walls ect, in the room where the kits going, the pc's about 12m away from the tv so i just wanted to get the cables in place. I'll probably use the dvd for films as my pc's fairly low spec, but i might upgrade to a HTPC when the credit card's cooled down!. Forgot to mention sky box, any ideas on connection for best results?

6. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Just a good rgb scart lead really. I think you can mod it to use some other port but i dont know anything about it.