1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 46WM48 - Angle Viewing

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by digitize, Jan 12, 2005.

1. digitize

digitize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me how the TOSHIBA 46WM48 dlp rpj is when viewing from an angle, Vertical / Horizontal. I am very much interested to buy this TV, but my main concern is watching it from various angles from the screen...

Please....

2. Muffminer

Muffminer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    All i can say is go demo the actual TV itself its hard to explain the exact distances off centre were brightness gets worse but id say its better than a CRT Rear Pro.

Vertical is not so good however, but since when do you stand over or under a TV to watch it?

3. rasb0

rasb0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My lounge is about 27 feet long and 13 feet wide. The TV is at one end in the centre and it is difficult to get a poor viewing angle off centre as long as you are at the screen level (ie not standing). Therefore if you have an average sized room you shouldn't have any problem.

But, I too would demo the set before you take the plunge.

4. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMO the pic is still goo from quite an acute angle, however, due to the sheer size of the screen, its hard to enjoy it aswell - if you know what I mean

From standing position, TV pic is ok but does darken, from sitting on the floor, no probs

5. maidstoneman30s

maidstoneman30s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I sit approx 11 to 12 feet away , straight on, and its brilliant, watched a natural world (snake hunter) at approx 45 degress and 9 feet away. Again brilliant view.

From the hall way 16 / 17 feet away, walking past at 30 degrees, I still see a very bright picture and am quiet happy with it considering its rear projection.

The only time is if your standing above it from 6 feet away or sitting on the floor that the image gets darker.

maidstoneman30s

6. digitize

digitize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How dark is it? Do you think it's bad enough, if say, the TV is being used as a Karoke machine, where people would generally sit in front of it, and sing from a distance?

I am actually thinking of getting the 52" instead, would this be a better option as far as "viewing from an angle" is concerned.

Manny thanks for all those who contribute in this thread