1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 46WHO8B Service Manual

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by delta, Jan 9, 2001.

1. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me where I can obtain a service manual for Tosh 46WHO8B or alternatively copy me instructions for the convergence procedure?

2. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    unfortunately I can't help with the manual, but since I am thinking of buying the set, what problems are you having, I take it the normal convergence procedure isn't sufficient??????

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I to have the same tv, and I can tell you that the manual doesn't include any setup procedure. The only mention about being able to set the convergence is in the hints section at the back, and that just says something like "You can use the convergence menu to alter the convergence for a better picture".

And thats it!

The manual is just a load of old Tosh.

If anyone does find out the best way to do it, I would love to know as well.

James.

4. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy it! It is probably the best RP tv. When it was delivered to me the red drive was set too high, so a service engineer came to adjust it for me. He also took the trouble to adjust the convergence from the service menu using an onboard crosshatch and a brilliant system that enabled every part of the picture to be adjusted. It was all done from the remote but he would not tell me how to access it! Now my picture is spot-on and I am trying to find out how to do the adjustments myself in future. The user controls for adjusting convergence are excellent and easy to use, but the little bits in between can only be accessed from the service menu. Rest assured, this really is a good tv and if you have DVD with compnoenet out, then you will be amazed at the detail this set can resolve. The amount of tolerance set by the manufacturers is far too high for tv's like this. I understand that the Hitachi 32" has a convergence tolerance of 6mm! That is ludicrous and quite unacceptable on any tv especially at these prices.

5. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    James, thanks for your reply. Check out mine to Demon. Thanks

6. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    HI guys...
    I asked tosh for some info about the 46wh08B and its modes etc, etc, they kindly mailed me a complete manual... Nice of them!!!!
    on page 26 it explains the complete convergence setting, and I quote
    1. From the Feature menu, press the "Down Arrow" button to take you to the second part of the screen
    2. with the "Down Arrow" button, highlight CONVERGENCE (This menu option is shown as being under the 'Blue Screen' option
    3. Press the > arrow button
    4. Then follow the on-screen instructions about adjusting red then blue for each point of the picture...

As an ex-Tosh engineer I am finding out how to get the set into Engineering mode, so you can get some of the extra RGB patterns, cross hatch etc.. so stay tuned.....

If you want some help, eg don't have the correct manual (Number 2356 5020, printed bottom left of the back page) phone 0115 976 6958 - Toshiba customer Helpline

I am wondering if you have an old manual, etc........

7. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Demon

Thanks for yours! I have the latest USER manual and I know how to adjust the convergence. What I am seeking is the SERVICE manual as used by the engineers in order for me to access the settings for convergence using the crosshatch that is in there. So I will wait and see what you come up with. There is no urgency.

8. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Sorry Delta, I realised after posting that last one that you probably wanted to adjust the convergence from engineering mode....

While I find out, you could try the previous chassis general Service Mode and Design mode hacks, these were, if my memory serves me correctly (usually doesn't)

Pressing Menu on the TV Front Panel and Mute on the remote simultaneously gets you into service mode (known as Manufacturing mode , hence the M on the OSD)
    and Menu on the TV and CALL on the remote to get you into design mode...
    From what I remember these are tricky, there may be a slighltly easier way, but lots of attempts does it for me on my 32MW7DB... if this works, then you're laughing, if not wait for me to get the rest of the stuff, apparently the Engineers don't have a service manual, just shed loads of info on all the sets parameters etc, I see what I an get....

If you do get it into M mode, then I think the video input button shoudl cycle through a load of RGB test patterns....

9. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again Demon. I think I would rather wait to see if you get something more positive, I don't want to screw things up. Anyway you are a good 'un for helping so far. Stay in touch! You can email me if you prefer: stdelta@btinternet.com