1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 46WH08B Designer menu settings

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Littlemule, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Littlemule

Littlemule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a toshiba 46WH08B projection tv, I need the default settings for the designer menu, does anyone out there have these settings. Also is there a fix for the brightness levels changing depending on what is on screen, or is this not a common problem.

Anyone's assistance would be appreciated.

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are over 500 settings for the designer menu. I doubt someone is going to write these all down for you.

Also, most Toshiba sets go through changes over the life of manufacture and revisions are made which impact on the service/designer menu. There is no guarantee that someone else's settings would be suitable for yours.

Dynamic contrast is turned off by selecting picture mode 3 and then amending that to suit your taste.

[ 15-10-2001: Message edited by: Doubledoom ]

3. magikkk

magikkk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a fix for the brightness problem in the design mode. No guarantees - but it worked for my WHOB 46. Email me if interested :)

4. magikkk

magikkk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Delta....... ;)

5. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    Although I always view in mode3 (M) I still often see brightness fluctuations on some shots.
    This may be identical to the "brightness problem" on the **ZP18P sets which was fixed by altering some of the BS (black stretch?) parameters in the designer menu.
    When I get time I'll experiment with these and post any useful results.

John

6. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Magikkk! ;) (Why 3 'k's'?)

7. magikkk

magikkk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah....that's a throwback to when I first registered on ebay, and the only way I could get the word magic as a nickname was that way.
    Dave....can I have that rating you promised after those emailed design settings - it's just it looks so bare next to my name, I want to feel like a classy hotel with stars next to it. Ta

8. Dave Marley

Dave Marley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Done.

The settings seem to have worked. I was too busy enjoying the football last night to test it properly, but the brightness fluctuations seem to have stopped. Thanks! :D

[ 18-10-2001: Message edited by: Dave Marley ]

9. magikkk

magikkk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear it worked - it certainly did the job on my set, any fluctuations I now see are inherently there as I've checked against my Sony Wega. It's such a shame I had to wait so long to get the info, to get it fixed, first engineer I had was utterly useless, and I suspect that's many peoples experience. Delta really helped me out on that one. Thankyou Mr S!