1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 46WH08 or Sony KP44PS

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jingy, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Jingy

Jingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just need some advice or maybe a little assurance. I owned a Toshiba 46WH08 TV for about 1.5 years but due to unforseen cirumstances it has been taken away from me. I've ordered a Sony KP44PS from Robert Whyte.

My concern is that the Toshiba had a anit-relective screen which I thought was great as it brought the best out of any picture. The Sony has a AR coating, is this the same thing. I saw the KP44PX at a Sony Centre and that has a lot of reflection coming off the screen. Just worried that I won't like the TV due to screen reflection. Tosh's current range don't do a 46" screen and I think 42 is too small and 50 too large.

2. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    My PS2 also from RW is fine as reflections go. Havent noticed any problems, allthough I s*it myself the other night as I thought I had a huge screen burn in the centre of my screen, turned out to be a fuzzy reflection of the main cieling light, the AR coating kinda diffuses the light. I would say the PS2 screen is no worse for reflection than my previous CRT sets.

3. Jingy

Jingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for reply Newbettle

So i take it that the AR coarting is just a gimick and nothing like the tosh's Matt AR Screen. Also you think it is worth getting the extended warranty for the Sony. It works out quite expensive ?

4. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    The AR coating does work, can't really comment on the Tosh, never owned one.

I didn't bother with any extra warranty, 12 months will do me fine for the £999. Horses for courses I guess but I never have bothered with extra warranty on anything, touch wood never had any real problems, especially with sony stuff.

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the sony PX2 and its fine as reflections go. no worse than the normal tvs I own. i owned a Tosh before this and I prefer the picture of the Sony. it looks more like a normal tv picture where as the tosh looked like a rp picture. the PX2 also has some sort of mirror thing built in it to help with the picture. My picture is just as good if not better than the sony FQ75 I owned.

hth
    shaun

6. daddo

daddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my ps2 with my Barclay card,so i got an extra year cover for free.After 2 years i usally look to change my tv anyway.