1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 43PJ

Discussion in 'TVs' started by monsta, Mar 28, 2001.

1. monsta

monsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From reading the board I take it that the 43PJ is seen as a comendable RPTV, and I've _almost_ convinced myself that I need to buy one. Does anyone know of anywhere selling them cheaper than £1144.99? Also, how high does the stand lift the tv? Is there room for a Yamaha 795 in there and if so what about getting the speaker cables out?

2. Gregz

Gregz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been taking a long hard look at this TV also. My dilemas are: a- It doesn't look as smart as most widescreen (wifes input), b- will playing a 4:3 video look OK on it due to the screens shear size ?
    But the pros are: a- it's well reviewed by just about all the home entertainment mags. b-it's an older model(only a year or two), so it's well discounted. c- it's massive and reduces a 16:9 image to a respectable 39". d- The image looks good, with minimal 'light band'. And the few other RPTV traits, ie.convergance, etc.
    The best price i've been quoted is £1200 inc cabinet & del from TV & Video direct,tel 01204 394422 and same deal from Sound and Vision, tel 01204 861861. The height incl. cabinet 1.45mtrs. Without cabinet is 1.085 mtrs. It's a big cabinet so i'm sure it'll acommodate all your black boxes. Hope this helps.

3. monsta

monsta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered one from Sound & Vision for £1170 including delivery and stand, to be delivered on Tuesday.

Tried AV Shop Direct, but the bloke was _really_ arsey on the phone and quoted £100 more than their website. When I told him I'd seen it at £1099 on the website he just said "well yeah, that's the website price"?!?!? They also wanted over £100 for the stand - it might even have been £150 but to be honest I'd lost interest and stopped listening to him by this point.

Also tried TV & Video Direct, but they wanted £1225 for tv and stand. Told them a friend had been quoted £1200 but they wouldn't budge.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that some retailers think that they are doing you a favour by selling you their stock? Surely they must realise that by adopting an agressive attitude they are almost guaranteed to lose the sale...

4. Gregz

Gregz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advise Monsta. I've just treated myself to a nice shiney new 43" TV for delivery on Wednesday from Sound and Vision. Thursday at work will be a washout.