Toshiba 43 VJ13P

J

JPC

Has anyone out there bought the Toshiba 43 VJ13P..... or had experience of it??
Im thinking of buying, but would appreciate any opinions particularly on its performance......

Also what would be a suitable viewing distance?

Kind Regards JPC.
PS. Im not keen on wide screen tvs.

Has anyone on these forums got the Toshiba 43 VJ13P
or seen it around at all please.
JPC

Don't know about this model but the new WS Tosh 42" is recommended. I have the 40" version (40WH0B) and is excellent in every way.

I sit about 8-9ft away and it looks fine.

BTW, why aren't you keen on WS TVs?

I've got a 43VJ13P and love it :D

Great VFM and a proper 16:9 mode for widescreen material. The 16:9 diagonal is about 39 inches so dvds look great. The main advantage of this set over widescreen alternatives is the massively gorgeous 43 inch 4:3 mode, great for the likes of Sky 1 Disney channel etc. However if you're only planning to watch widescreen material then I guess that's no big deal...

But wouldn't you lose out on resolution with Anamorphic material?

Many thanks for your replys.

Im just not that keen on widescreen Kevo...... and the forrunner to this model, the Toshiba 43PJ93B
got maximum stars in all the reviews.

baldicoot, could you tell me where you bought yours?

I just cant find anywhere were I can see one working (I live between Coventry & Birmingham).......... it looks as if Im going to have to buy it over the webb which I feel a bit uncomfortable about,

Ive seen it for £1,150 with free VCR until end of this month from Robertsons online.

I see on some web sites that Toshiba installs it, I wonder if this is always the case!?

Also my viewing distance is about 9 feet, do you think thats OK?

Thanks again for taking the time and trouble to respond to my original posting.

Regards JOHN P. C.

Kevo, you don't lose out on resolution in anamorphic mode because the full 625 lines (or whatever it is ) are "squeezed" into the 16:9 letterbox.

JPC, Got mine from Sound&Vision in Bolton for £1100 delivered - no free VCR though. I think viewing from 9 feet should be fine. Bear in mind that it's not a very deep set (a 32" widescreen CRT is deeper) so you may be able to push it back a bit further than you imagined.

Didn't get it installed by Tosh engineers, but DIY convergence is easy enough anyhow...

What if I wanted surround sound from this Nicam TV.....
Could i connect an AV amp to the Audio out and the amp produce sound suround for me.... when suround sound is being broadcast or dosnt it work like that?

Regards John

Yes.

You would get Pro Logic surround sound on some broadcasts.
If you have Sky with the Sky+ setup, I understand that you would get Dolby Digital 5.1 on some of the movies - only a select few, if you hook up the Sky+ box with a Coax or optical lead to the AV amp - this obviously needing a Dolby Digital decoder.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom