• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba 42ZV635DB Reviews???

DonnyBoy

Anyone know of any reviews for Toshiba 42ZV635DB? :confused:

I can't find much on it to be honest and I'm thinking of replacing my old WLT66 with it......or Sony KDL40W5500, Panasonic TX-P42G10, Samsung LE40B650

Any opinions on above?

Last edited:

lutontown

Standard Member
i looked at the model and own a xf40 toshiba so feel abit loyal to tosh
but i didnt find to much info on this telly and i felt it was overpriced for what you got imo.

i would consider the
panasonic plasma g10 as a plasma option and
compared to the sony w5500 and the philips 7404 for that money
these i personally felt were top of the tree in terms of value and overall quailty

i went for the 40w5500 and im very happy

gfighter

Standard Member
Whats wrong with the tv, been looking at this philips and have been considering it, no good then?

I absolutely love it, but there is a slight dimming/rebrightening issue even with light sensor and dynamic backlight etc settings disabled. John Lewis have said it a feature of the ECO panel and cannot be disabled. I am waiting for Philips to confirm that the 47PFL7404 is not ECO and does not have this issue and I am willing to pay the extra for the 47". I have the 42PFL7404.

Samorlg

Do you think their "Ambilight" system is worth it? I see you opted for the model without it so I guess it's not for you but from what I've seen of it on you tube, it does look very good, the 8 series is what I'm interested in.

giuliocrazyboy

Standard Member
Hi,
I recently bought the Toshiba 42" ZV635DB LCD from Amazon for the amazing price of £580 (+ nectar points) and I think this TV is fantastic! Beautiful images and a lot of ports including USB, 2 scarts, PC and 4 HDMI. No problems at all so far. I would definitely recommend it. Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom