• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba 42Z3030 vs Samsung LE40M86BD

Sanj-T

Standard Member
I can't decide between both TV's. The samsung is 40 inches and has 15000:1 contrast ratio and the Toshiba has 10000:1 but is 42inchs.

I guess what i'm asking is, is there much difference between 15000:1 and 10000:1?

I really want a 42 inch TV over a 40 inch, and the Toshiba seems like a good choice.

I can't decide between both TV's. The samsung is 40 inches and has 15000:1 contrast ratio and the Toshiba has 10000:1 but is 42inchs.

I guess what i'm asking is, is there much difference between 15000:1 and 10000:1?

I really want a 42 inch TV over a 40 inch, and the Toshiba seems like a good choice.

The figures quoted are for "dynamic contrast", these figures have no standard across different manufacturers and as such are more of a marketing ploy. Static contrast is far more reliable!.

I would go for the 42z everytime. :smashin:

Sanj-T

Standard Member
ah i see. So what are the static ratio's for these? And what would be the best static ratio for a 42 inch?

Thanks for your reply btw.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom