Toshiba 42XV555D - Not Turning On

BiggieEllefson

Standard Member
Just got back from my brother's wedding and returned home to find that the TV won't turn on. Done plenty of searches and not found a thread related to this particular issue as it maybe a bit more common.

There is power feeding into it as it's plugged into a surge protected extension lead along with a Blu-Ray player and a Sky+HD box and they were both working.

It sounds as though the spring to turn the power button on is not loaded and as a result, it just doesn't want to work!

The TV is 18 months old (It's my parents TV and I'm not sure how much of any guarantee/warranty is left as a result) so is there anything we can try or need to do. Many thanks in advance.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
These items are advertised for that model on one of the UKs biggest brown goods spares page for that particular model so they are probably a common cause of a dead set.
Whether you buy them and fit yourself or employ a local repairman is dependent on your experience or lack of.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom