• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Toshiba 42X3030DB or Samsung LE40M87BDX

gomola

Standard Member
Hi All,
I am going to be purchasing a new hdtv at the end of october and am looking at these two models at the moment and was wondering if anybody had any input or advise or maybe alternatives on these tv's.
This set will be for use in a living room with a viewing area of 1m to 5m. I will use the set for skyhd (and obviously skysd), ps3 (and lots of blu-ray movies), xbox 360 and PC.
At the moment I have a toshiba 32C3030D and the only real problem is the xbox360, I have it set-up through the vga cable which is great but the toshiba has only one vga port so I have to change the PC/360 vga cables over all the time (which is a pain in the ass). The only other option is component but I just think it looks horrible (jaggies, blurry etc.).
The advantage for me, of the samsung is it comes with three hdmi which means I can hook up the sky,ps3 and either pc (dvi to hdmi) or xbox 360 (when a vga to hdmi converter becomes available(I believe there is one in the works)).

M

Miller

I am about to buy one of these sets for the mother-in-law, urr I mean she is and I am just advising! I've told her to go for the Samsung as first choice. I came to this decision mainly from trawling through this forum and a couple of external reviews.Try this site for one, it does reviews for both albeit 40" models http://www.*/ . However, I think both sets have had good reviews, so you wont go wrong with either, but one might have better connections for your needs, just check the threads for each set.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom