Toshiba 42X3030D or Samsung LE40M87BDX

So which one post forced 24frame option and firmware update???

• Samsung LE40M87BDX

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Toshiba 42X3030D

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

allosunshine

I created this thread a few months ago and the poll revealed that most people would go for the Tosh over the Sammy, but this was before the PS3 had the forced 24frames option and also before the updated firmware I think.
So is it still peoples opinion that the Tosh is still better than the Sammy or is it now the other way round??
Cheers.

ChrisGgr

Both very good,but I really like the Samsung's gloss

badbob

Banned
Early Samsung's do have 24hz support, just that the Sony didn't force it. 1010 firmware, Blu-Ray at 24hz works fine.
afaik the Toshiba lacks per input picture settings, which the Samsung has.

If you're viewing in a room with light sources the glossy screen will be annoying.

ChrisGgr

I didnt like it too before saw the M87's!!This is sensitive.In the shop with the full lights it looked much reflective and horible,but on a friend's house it looked good and acceptable!!!Dont forget:The Samsung is Glossy not in the side and ALL the panel.Maybe the best combination is the Piano Black finish only(not the screen!!)

badbob

Banned
I hate glossy screens and I will not buy one ever. In fact some of us even find annoying the new glossy black piano trend:mad: (reflective dust magnets if you ask me)

The glossy screen is fine if viewing in a dimmed HT.

allosunshine

the feedback is great guys thanks, keep it coming though and it looks like the tables have turned as it stands at 5 to 1 at the mo.

hefestobis

if you don't mind the reflections, the M87's HD image PQ is clearly much better than the x3030 although the SD PQ is worst.

I have owned a Toshiba for 2 weeks (amongst other LCDs :devil:) before returning it. In fact I have been wating for the 46N87 but it's not available in Spain .....

ChrisGgr

Oooopsssss:50-50!!!

allosunshine

Well the Sammy takes the lead with 7-6 and I've taken the plunge and gone for the Sammy from Empire Direct using the 10% code and got it for £850 including delivery and 3 year warranty.

S

Superplonk

Unfortunately these TV's have more than their fair share of problems, I am in the process of rejecting my third one in favour of a Sony.

When you have set up the Samsung you will need to check the freeview for judder the TOS-link (optical sound out) for sound break up and switch it on and off a few times to see if it will either switch on or stay on!

You can read the threads regarding the judder http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5396246#post5396246

Good luck with your purchase and I hope you are one of the lucky ones who have had no problems at all!

allosunshine

Unfortunately these TV's have more than their fair share of problems, I am in the process of rejecting my third one in favour of a Sony.

When you have set up the Samsung you will need to check the freeview for judder the TOS-link (optical sound out) for sound break up and switch it on and off a few times to see if it will either switch on or stay on!

You can read the threads regarding the judder http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5396246#post5396246

Good luck with your purchase and I hope you are one of the lucky ones who have had no problems at all!

Cheers for the heads up but to be honest I doubt I'll ever use the freeview unless me Sky HD go tits up and I doubt I'll ever use the TOS-Link as like I said I'll be using Sky HD or me PS3, but again thanks for the heads up.
Have you got a link to the problems about switching it on that you mentioned??

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom