toshiba 42x3030 any good?

timmy77

Standard Member
Reaction score
hello my old toshibia 42 tv passed away a few weeks ago and i have now saved up a £1000 for a new tv and i have seen the 42x3030 with hd e1 hd dvd player for under a grand which i think is a bargin and i probably intend to buy on fri,does any one know if it is any good for hd gaming (ps3/360),watching sports and dvds.ive been watching tv on a 14 portable for the last two weeks and it is doing my head in,any info would be appriciated thanks

bottom line is, apparently, amazing for HD, mediocre for SD. If you can get it for around £700 GO for it they are cheap now.

PS: .Griff. how did you get on with that 42C3030 you were disappointed with?

bottom line is, apparently, amazing for HD, mediocre for SD. If you can get it for around £700 GO for it they are cheap now.

PS: .Griff. how did you get on with that 42C3030 you were disappointed with?

Vastly improved now I've played with the settings and turned some of the options off cheers mate.

I can press a button on the remote to cycle between my settings and the presets. One of the presets being how it arrived out of the box and it looks truly horrendous.

thanks,ive have seen in what video & high-definition tv mag it got 5 stars in there rating list but i did not read the review:(i havent seen it in any other mags only the 32 x/z 3030 versions

42X3030D has picked up some 5 star reviews and best buys - most recently in What Video magazine I do believe - they were giving one away with an HD DVD Player

If you go for the TV buy it without the HD-DVD player. If it's the offer I think it is then the TV can display 1080p but the player (HD-E1) can only output 1080i.

You're better off getting a good deal on the 42X3030 when the Z series appears and buying an EP10 player to go with it which outputs 1080p.

thanks,i have now ordered it and it should be here on fri.i might sell the hd player and upgrade it to ep 10

I wouldn't get this, it's worth waiting a few weeks to see what the new Samsungs and the Tosh Z series is like before buying. I know it's probably the last thing you want to hear as you don't want to wait but trust me it will be worth it I think.

he wants a TV now. If I waited for a TV with all the features I want in it I would always be waiting and NOT have an LCD tv:smashin:

to the OP, you won't be disappointed, the SD is not good as mentioned but who cares it has built in digital and the picture on that is fantastic:cool:
and 1080p on mine is very good(won't say brill as I haven't much experience in this field) . I watch hi def movies on it with a PS3 and HDMI:cool:

timmy,

where are you getting it from for under 1k with the HDDvd player?

I have seen the package in the Currys.Digital shop which is offereing it for £1,299 for the TV and player.

Think I will be purchasing mind on saturday as a nice birthday treat :D

thats where i see it first(currys),but found it at crampton and moore for a lot cheaper, i see it advertised in what plasma and lcd mag for £979 on crampton and moores website they sell it for £1050 so i phoned up and said i would like a tosh 42x3030 with the hde1 for the price which it says in the mag and he said ok.so if you tell him you see it in the mag you should be fine.I paid £1090 for tv,hd dvd and a stand all delivered ,betting currys by at least £400+:thumbsup: i ordered it on weds got it on fri. nice

I am very interested in this lcd but need to know if there is a way of securing the stand to the wooden display cabinet I have. This is to stop it being tumbled by my 4 year old hog-goblin (child !).

Thanks for any help/views !

it has a strap on the base which can be screwed to the wall or a table,the base is quite large and heavy and once secured shouldnt move

Thanks. I found a download of the manual which also mentions the strap.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom