Toshiba 42WT29B Convergence problem

adewatson

Standard Member
Reaction score
I hope someone can help!!!!

I took delivery of my new RP set today and having tweaked the convergence like mad I still get an over-indulgence of red in the bottom right corner.

Does anyone know if there is a service menu which can take care of this or do I just send the set back?????

Any help much appreciated

Leave it to run for a few hours before you do anything drastic. I had the 50" version of this set and it does appear red/sepia down the right hand side. After a week it had improved but was still below spec on white backgrounds or black and white images (remove colour completely). Supplier changed set and replacement also had the problem, though less severe. After a week it had gone and picture is perfect now.

thanks for that I suppose I'm just a bit paranoid as I did loads of research before I bought the set.

Hi spek have been really helpful though and are sending an engineer to have a look on site!!!!

I Have the Tosh 46 inch model. I think it is great but you will see a slight shade of red down the right hand side and the same but blue down the left hand side. It's just the way the guns are. The colour red is more noticeable to the human eye than blue and that is why you notice it.

You can turn down the red gun but that will affect how blacks look.

It has never worried me too much as the overall picture quality is terrific.

Regards

Thanks Mark

I thing its probably just me and I need to weigh up the positives of RP compared to CRT after all in most cases the picture is awesome.

Your welcome!! It does pay to do a "Service Menu" convergence setup after a while. An engineer from Toshiba did mine and it really made all the difference. Search through the forum and there should be plenty of info on how to do it if you feel its worthwhile.

But just sit back and enjoy!

Regards

Is convergence a matter of compromise?
if I get the left hand maks right then the right hand side is mile out, same (but not as bad) top to bottom.
I try and get the centre cross ok, which means you see some bleed on the left hand side of the left hand marks and vice versa on the right. It is most noticable on the far top and bottom marks. There is no way you can get all 6 outer marks pure white.
Is this usual?
Has anyone here taken their SVM?

I must admit I never had much luck with the "User" convergence. It "Should" be possible to get all the crosses white but as you say
aligning one puts out the others to a degree.

If you have not done it, then do a service menu setup and you will be amazed at the difference!! Plenty of info on how to do this has been in the forums and though it takes a while to do, the process is not difficult.

One word of warning though if you do a service menu setup, you will see three grids, do not adjust the green one.

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom