1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42wt29 rear pro

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by avunknown, Feb 11, 2005.

1. avunknown

avunknown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there guy's an girls
    I am interested in buying a new toshiba 42wt29 for £699 AND I was wondering whether it is a good set or not?..Also we have a tosh 40pw03b that is second hand and no matter what we adjust the picture is really pink.even with the colour on 1 bar...any suggestions welcome...also is the viewing angle better on the newer set or is there no change...
    CHEERS
    AVUNKNOWN

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 42WT is integrated digital TV, 100Hz and dolby digital sound - that's a bargain at £699.

If the picture on your 40" is pink I'd suspect the green tube is down on output. If the tube has failed replacements are expensive as I found out recently on another thread about CRT replacements for another RPTV. It's not a given that the green tube needs to be replaced - other factors can affect white balance and it may be a fault elsewhere affecting the tube.

3. avunknown

avunknown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that laural&hardy...heres one more question for anybody...how old is the 42wt29...

4. condyk

condyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have this TV and it is awesome. £700 is an absolute bargain. Hardly a day goes by with me just thinking how brilliant the picture is, especially wildlife. The surround proved at least as good as my decent quality separates system and the Freeview is excellent. When I bought mine about 3 months ago it was still current on Toshiba Uk web site.