1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42WP27B Sync on Composite

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Adlopa, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Adlopa

Adlopa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to connect a Tivo to a Toshiba 42WP27B plasma, using a SCART to RGB+S lead. RGB phonos go to the screen's component-in sockets, Sync goes to its composite video socket.

The screen is set to RGB input and Sync on Video but I can *only* get the Tivo signal on the screen's AV channel. Since the Tivo and screen are set to RGB, I would have thought I'd get the signal on the RGB channel.

The manual isn't particularly clear about what sockets the AV channel uses but it seems to me that the Tivo signal I'm getting is via composite on the plasma composite socket, not RGB. Am I missing something in my understanding here or have I missed a setting/connection somewhere? Anyone..?

Edit: Aha, fixed, I think. I'm using my Denon 3802 as a component video switch and it doesn't seem to pass both RGB via component and composite at the same time... Off to the Amps forum...