• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

toshiba 42wlt66

O

oilburner

hi all, ive just baught a toshiba 42wlt66 for my mum for christmas , got it home this morning , then wife wraped it up for christmas day then we went back out shopping again , we went back into comet and showed my sister the one i baught when i noticed that the display model seemed a bit wierd ,i mean about 2 inches either side of the screen the picture seemed to strech out of proportion , the center up to the 2 inches seemed fine hope this is not a trait with the toshiba, i have had a problem with a tosh before and was slightly uneasy about buying it in the first place, i asked the salesmen who said that it was probably because it had been moved about alot and may have been bumped about, bit worried now and dont really want to unwrap it set it up to have a look, it,ll be allright :rolleyes: ,wont it?:lease:

arby1

Established Member
as usual a top-quality response from a currys/comet worker! Absolute genius.
Banging it about could never introduce a 'fault' like that. Different brands have different names for the setting, but it's often 'smart' whereby the central part of the picture on a 4:3 transmission is shown in the correct aspect ratio on a widescreen tv, but to make up for this, the edges have to be stretched more. works on the principle that you don't really look at the edges too closely. it can be turned off and have it all stretched equally or just with black bars down the sides like a 4:3 tv

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom