Toshiba 42whi8b and panasonic set top box connections

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by bcottis, Jan 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. bcottis

bcottis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Took delivery of Toshiba 42WH18B last week and have had satelite installed at the weekend. Impressed with it all so far, but encountered a problem with my connections last night. Whilst watching sky my partner wanted to record something on ITV but as soon as I switched on the video recorder this then came 'through' the satelite set top box. I had to disconnect the scart lead between the video and panasonic set top box, then everything worked fine. It seems the second scart on the panasonic is overiding the sky signal when the video is switched on. I had a quick look in the manual but couldn't see a way to dissable it, hence dissconection. Could anyone advise a good setup of connections please, and also recommend some good small front speakers to connect.

Thanks, Ben

2. Meldrew_Lives

Meldrew_Lives
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not connect the STB to the RGB scart Ext1 and use a separate scart for the VCR via Ext2. You can then select (on the AV connections menu) Ext1 as the source to output from Ext2 which will mean you can still record STB output on the VCR as well as recording from an RF source using the VCRs tuner.

Think I've got that right - check your user manual to be sure.