Toshiba 42wh46p

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Manny Brown, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Manny Brown

Manny Brown
    AVF Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Hallo all,

I'm a newbie as far as Rear projection is concerned, looking for some friendly advice if possible...

I have the chance to get hold of a new TOSHIBA 42WH46P for £500. However I was wondering if people here would think it would be worth it for the money? I have read the reviews of the normal 42WH46, but couldnt find much reference to the above model.

I'm not that bothered by progressive scan support, but I do employ a decent RGB setup on a phillips 32" crt at the moment, will quality even come close to this on a rear projection unit?

I am tempted by the screen size, which will be much appreciated in gaming and dvd's generally i'm sure :)

If anyone has any advice on the above, or anyone owns one and can give me some more details, would be much appreciated.

2. pantages

pantages

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    As far as I recall the 'P' in the model number refers to it being Pro-logic rather than plain NICAM stereo. For just a couple of hundred pounds more you can buy a brand new version of this tv! Or rather save it toward buying the latest Toshiba DLP model referred to in this forum.