1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42wh46p

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Manny Brown, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Manny Brown

Manny Brown
    AVF Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Hallo all,

I'm a newbie as far as Rear projection is concerned, looking for some friendly advice if possible...

I have the chance to get hold of a new TOSHIBA 42WH46P for £500. However I was wondering if people here would think it would be worth it for the money? I have read the reviews of the normal 42WH46, but couldnt find much reference to the above model.

I'm not that bothered by progressive scan support, but I do employ a decent RGB setup on a phillips 32" crt at the moment, will quality even come close to this on a rear projection unit?

I am tempted by the screen size, which will be much appreciated in gaming and dvd's generally i'm sure :)

If anyone has any advice on the above, or anyone owns one and can give me some more details, would be much appreciated.

2. pantages

pantages

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    As far as I recall the 'P' in the model number refers to it being Pro-logic rather than plain NICAM stereo. For just a couple of hundred pounds more you can buy a brand new version of this tv! Or rather save it toward buying the latest Toshiba DLP model referred to in this forum.