1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42wh46p

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Protoplasm, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Protoplasm

Protoplasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does anyone have one?! After reading around a fair bit, checking out my local stores etc. I have been won round by RPTV and I was veering towards the 42WH36, despite the complaints about covergence. Then I read it's no longer in production and it's been superceded by the 42WH46 which lacks the component inputs and, possibly, the progressive scan on Active Vision. Argh.

I'm hoping someone has one, or knows some more details about its quality and how it compares to other RPTVs in a similar price bracket. I'm only after an RPTV to last me til Plasma comes down in price, and goes up in performance (hopefully with HDTV broadcasts to help). Is there a well-known "next best thing" to the 42WH36?

Oh, and does anyone know what the P and B stand for that people put at the end of the model name? I've mentioned before that neither appear on Toshiba's site so I was curious.

All replies appreciated, 'cept those that question my legitimacy.

2. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well actually the WH46 got progressive built-in and it does a really good job, you don't really need a progressive DVD player as the Toshiba does it so well.

But try to find a WH36 instead if you can.

3. vinny41

vinny41

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +312
    I would advise you to do a search on this forum for WH36
    as you fine good reports and bad reports for this model
    I would recommend doing a search as you fine some people for this model some people against