1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42WH46 spots

Discussion in 'TVs' started by RMCF, Oct 5, 2004.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +633
    After much reading on this forum and great advice from everyone I recently purchased a 42WH46 and am relatively happy with it.

There are a few problems that perhaps someone on here can help me with (demon if your out there!)

There is a staining on the right hand side of the screen, comes in bout 2/3 inches and is leght of bout half the screen. It shows up only when screen is showing white and its like a light yellow (tobacco stain) colour. Gets better and worse regularly but is always there in some respect. This particualr problem I can live with as its only evident in pure white screen images which are rare.

However, after having the TV about a week two spots appeared on the screen. One is a circular spot of sky blue at the bottom right of the screen up and in a few inches. The 2nd spot that appeared is in the very bottom left of the screen and again is a yellow discouration diagonal line. These are always there from the moment the TV is turned on and no amount of convergence tweaking in the Service Set-up will help.

Other than these two minor annoyances, when the TV warms up after an hour or so, the picture is fantastic and I'm very pleased.

Any ideas on how to clear these problems (although it sounds like its not gonna be possible) or why they are occurring?

Many thanks for any assistance.

2. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Possibly something sitting on the CRT's ? Bit of dust, hair, spidersweb!!!

3. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    yeah.. sounds like something optical/mechanical.. the mirror may have dirt/dust/damage, or something may be on the CRT/Optics..

I would phone Toshiba, or the place you bought it from, and get an engineer out.. no doubt on taking the screen off, and having a look, it'll be something obvious.. of course, you could do this inspection yourself.. but depending on your confidence, getting an engineer out may be easier.. :)