1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42WH46 picture settings.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by minibigs, Sep 2, 2004.

1. minibigs

minibigs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, my new 42WH46 was delivered today, my first large TV.

I am very impressed with the picture quality, after doing the color convergence & tweaking picture settings, they were all up to near max. on delivery.

I'm not so impressed by the way the couriers (from the online retailer I purchased from) left the TV in the driveway, as they were not insured to bring it into the house!

However, I can't seem to get the picture color / contrast spot on for how I want it.

I would be very interested to hear what picture settings other people use, so I can compare & contrast them with mine.

Cheers,

Steve.

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It all depends on how bright your room is with PJ, or more accurately, that's what I discovered. PJ's are more adversely affected by oustide light sources than most because of the way the picture is created - three small (16cm approx) tubes firing a red, green and blue image into a mirror, which is reflected onto a lenticular and fresnal; the magnifier and filter preventing too much light re-entering the set and of course you seeing the mirror and the said tubes! A fairly crude description but that's basically how it works.

I am very lucky because I was able to locate the TV in a room that is north facing, and therefore not too bright, making the picture set up much easier. When I tried my other main room which is south facing I did find it difficult to get a good picture set up.

You may find yourself tweaking picture and convergence setup for days yet, possibly up to a month. That's how long it took my 51WH36 to bed in properly. Since then it has been a gem. So give it some time and see how it goes. With rear projectors it does take time to get the best out of them.

3. minibigs

minibigs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info mate. Sorry about delay i n replying, but I have been on holiday. I am still playing with the setup & still havent got it quite right.

Cheers,

Steve.