1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42WH46 just bought

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by brummybloke, Jul 18, 2004.

1. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok i am a complete noob at this sort of thing, i still have on its last legs a 28" wide screen idtv, which i got from curry's 5 years ago for £300. it was a bargain at the time and looks the muts nuts even now. but it had started to 'go' as i have white lines apearing at the top of the screen which i presume is loss of pixels.

so i hunted around and after poo pooing plasma as i could find nothing cheaper for 42 inch then £1400 and poo pooing lcd (30 " for £1100) i decided on a rear screen projection tv.

having bought me a Toshiba 42WH46 for £810 inc delivery i thought i was onto a winner until i started reading some of the fead back on this forum, the long and the short of it is.....

i have sky digital, a dolby digital amp, ps2 and dvd player that i need to connect to it, it is for every day tv watching ( mainly cbbies as i have a 1 year old).

is it going to be ok as an every day tv?, i have heard that as with most rpstv the dvd play back side is good but all this callobrating and waiting for things and putting screen savers on and the like. i want it to last at least 4 years as i have more pressing priorities bu i would still like a kick ass tv, but i dont like the sound of all this messing around and a damaged screen through image burn ( i think the cbbies logo stays on screen).

if some one can understand my worries and either give me some reassurance that the tv is good enough or to tell me that i have been a grade A cock and should have used the money as arse wipe instead i would be greatful as i have a weeks delivery date and need to know if i should cancel my order and just put up with my tv slowly dying until i can buy a 'real mans' tv.

oh and will it work with an all in one mosaic remote control ( i feel like captain kirk when sitting down with that at my side)?

cheers.

2. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Bought mine 2 weeks ago ....have to say im disappointed but i can get sort of anal about big screen tvs so you might be happy with it. The picture quality is superb but other subtle flaws with geometry and a faint dirty line running down middle of screen (75 percent of the time it is not noticable so its possible to live with it) ruin it for me. Good luck!

3. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    cheers for the reply FLYINGBIG but it lasted no more than 24 hours before i changed my mind. the logos from sky digital and the fact that the missus looks after the nipper meens she would have it on all say on the cbbies channel and not give a thought to chaging channels even if told to.
    i have had to begrudgingly phone up cancel my order and instead get a bargain sony 32fx68 for £523, it means the tv can be on all day, i get a bigger picture than before and i still get a decent looking piece of kit.

*SNIFF* just no 42 inch footy*SNIFF*