1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba 42WH36P picture smear

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pharris007, Jul 25, 2004.

1. pharris007

pharris007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    bought this RP set in Jan and iv had nothing but trouble. there is a brighter line running through the centre of the screen from top to bottom, its worse when the picture pans left to right or vise versa, really distracting when watching the footie, golf, DIY programmes etc. has anyone else seen this. had it back to the repair shop 4 times and its still not fixed!! had screen replaced 2 times what do i do next, now the convergance is out between the cross and spots 3 6 9 but the menu settings are fine,, can anyone help!!!! toshiba have not heaqrd of this. :lease:

2. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    1. What are your brightness/contrast and DNR settings??

3. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Vertical line down the middle of the screen is normal on a toshiba tv so your gona have to live with it im afraid. Convergence needs to be readjusted every couple of days so welcome to the great big world of Toshiba big screen tvs.

4. pharris007

pharris007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    thanks guys.
    if i knew before i bought it i would have gone for the sony!!!
    still in discussion with the supplyer who might just replace it, but if its the same then ill try and go for a refund or credit note.
    anyone any suggestions for a replacement, thinking of going for a panasonic 300 projector??
    must admit im gutted saved for ages, but thanks to all replys, my contrst and DNR settings have no effect.

thanks

5. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Every couple of days???

I agree for the first month or so the thing does need a fair bit of playing around with, but after that my 51" has only needed tweaking very occasionally - usually after I have moved it which is not very often. Even the on board convergence net looks great after almost 3 months of no tweaking at all.